Taken from his Dijkstra's interview video
- Computer science is no more about computers than astronomy is about telescopes.
- The competent programmer is fully aware of the limited size of his own skull. He therefore approaches his task in full humility and avoids clever tricks like the plague.
- We should not introduce errors through sloppiness but systematically keep them out.
- Program testing can convincingly show the presence of bugs but it is hopelessly inadequate to show their absence.
- Elegance is not a dispensable luxury but a factor that decides between success and failure (is it about Scala ?).